- In this period, they occupied very much the center of aesthetic appreciation and social value.
- We should strive to appreciate the aesthetic value of our names.
- Women also appreciate the aesthetic value of a knife and may choose to combine function with beauty.
- As of now, people in the State are hooked to just the aesthetic aspect of design.
- They chose wood as their preferred blocking material because it offers more natural, aesthetic options for interior design.
- The router itself is unlike any I have seen as of yet in its aesthetic design.
- The two married an industrial ethic to a modernist aesthetic, capturing an entire ethos in a single seat.
- The graphic designs of Constructivism and the Bauhaus had their foundations in the collage esthetic.
- Signed Henri Matisse lithographs on the lounge wall reinforce the Modernist esthetic.
Late 18th century (in the sense 'relating to perception by the senses'): from Greek aisthētikos, from aisthēta 'perceptible things', from aisthesthai 'perceive'. The sense 'concerned with beauty' was coined in German in the mid 18th century and adopted into English in the early 19th century, but its use was controversial until late in the century.
The early sense was ‘relating to perception by the senses’; the source is Greek aisthētikos, from aisthēta ‘material things’. This was opposed to things that were thinkable, in other words, immaterial things. The sense ‘concerned with beauty’ was coined in German in the mid 18th century, and adopted into English in the early 19th century, but its use was controversial until much later in the century. Aesthete was formed on the pattern of pairs such as athlete, athletic.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.