- 1An event or sequence of events of a specified kind or that has previously been referred to: the board admitted responsibility for the affair I wanted the funeral to be a family affairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The revolution in military affairs refers to this new form of information-based warfare.
- Martin also took a keen and active interest in political affairs and events happening around the country.
- Hitler's growing involvement in the details of economic life matched an increasing intervention in military affairs.
- 1.1A matter that is a particular person’s concern or responsibility: what you do in your spare time is your affairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As in all matters concerning the affairs of Muslims our guide is the Qur'ân.
- She went from running errands to running his life, convincing him that she should manage his affairs and business matters.
- We all need to realise that religion should be a private affair and a matter of belief.
- 1.2 (affairs) Matters of public interest and importance: commissions were created to advise on foreign affairsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He enjoyed a passion for collecting art and an interest in public affairs.
- Besides farming and fun, the clan's big interest was politics - they all felt an interest in public affairs was a duty.
- His interest in public affairs, especially in social questions, was keener.
- 1.3 (affairs) Business and financial dealings: his time was spent in winding up his affairsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You can be aggressive when you need to resolve business and financial affairs.
- You are blessed with a youthful outlook and dynamism to manage business or financial affairs successfully today.
- It had been closed some months back after the organization intervened in the business's financial affairs.
- 1.4 [with adjective] • informal An object of a particular type: her dress was a black low-cut affairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The restaurant is the best; an old-fashioned wood-and-leather affair with a horseshoe bar.
- The back light, a scratched grey plastic affair which had come with the bike, was less satisfying.
- His early albums were scratchy affairs, recorded using just a boombox with a cheap built-in microphone.
- 2A love affair: his wife is having an affairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is why extramarital affairs are so damaging.
- Swingers often point to the high rates of clandestine extra-marital affairs when discussing this issue.
- As well, different extramarital affairs demand different strategies on the part of the spouse or others.
Middle English: from Old French afaire, from à faire 'to do'; compare with ado.