Definición de age hardening en inglés:
Spontaneous hardening of a metal that occurs if it is quenched and then stored at ambient temperature or treated with mild heat.
- Most of the heat treatable alloys exhibit age hardening at room temperature after quenching, the rate and extent of such hardening varying from one alloy to another.
- Within limits, cold working the alloy between solution annealing and age hardening increases both the rate and the magnitude of the age-hardening response in wrought products.
- These methods include annealing, stress relieving, stress equalizing, solution treating and age hardening.
- Example sentences
- This complex steel is described by Humberto Raposo, the inventor, as a ‘premium melted, age-hardened alloy.’
- Forgings and hot-finished extruded products are available in the solution-annealed temper and the annealed and age-hardened temper.
- From the study on tensile deformation and fracture in these age-hardened materials, it is evident that two opposing factors must be balanced in order to attain the optimum combination of properties.
Definición de age hardening en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary