Definición de agglutinate en inglés:
1Firmly stick or be stuck together to form a mass: (as adjective agglutinated) rhinoceros horns are agglutinated masses of hair
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lump asafoetida, sometimes called mass, is the most common commercial form, consisting of tears agglutinated into a more or less uniform mass or lump.
- Pangolins are conspicuous and remarkable because their backs are covered with large, overlapping scales made up of agglutinated hairs.
- At first, the attempts to separate agglutinated plates applying mechanical force were undertaken.
1.1 Biology (With reference to bacteria or red blood cells) clump together: [with object]: these strains agglutinate human red cells [no object]: cell fragments agglutinate and form intricate meshes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If the antiserum agglutinates in your red blood cells, you are Rh positive.
- In addition to increasing the viscosity of airway secretions, albumin can agglutinate individual cilia and destroy coordinated ciliary motion, which may lead to impairment of mucociliary clearance.
- A cross-match later revealed that her serum agglutinated her husband's cells.
1.2 [with object] Linguistics Combine (simple words or parts of words) without change of form to express compound ideas.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- French-based Creoles are notable for such fused forms in which the noun is agglutinated to the article, as Haitian Creole dlo ‘water’, which corresponds to the French sequence of words de l' eau.
- The problem is that Inuktitut is a language where phrases are joined together in a single word - what we call an agglutinating language - so even circumlocutions like ‘wet sticky snow’ come out as one word.
- Languages can be classified into one of three types: isolating or noninflective, agglutinating, and inflecting.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- That is, part of what's monstrous about monsters is somehow this very agglutination of significance, these uncontrolled outgrowths of meaning.
- English has a tendency towards isolation (as in I will now go out for a walk), but both agglutination (as in clever-ly and high-er) and fusion (as in gave, in which give and past are fused) are also found.
- The combination of B antibodies and B antigens will cause agglutination.
Palabras que riman con agglutinaterejuvenate • resinate
Definición de agglutinate en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda