- 1Harmony or accordance in opinion or feeling; a position or result of agreeing: the governments failed to reach agreement the two officers nodded in agreement there is wide agreement that investment is necessaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm in agreement that the divorce rate is exceptionally high and mostly avoidable.
- We're all thoroughly in agreement that these first-past-the-post elections are a bad thing.
- The meeting was in agreement that action has to be taken to end the monopoly.
- 1.1A negotiated and typically legally binding arrangement between parties as to a course of action: a trade agreement a verbal agreement to sellMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She contends that such agreements were final and binding on the parties.
- In effect, they are hiring the union to act as agent in the negotiation of agreements.
- He did not have to enter into the agreements for leases if he did not want to.
- 1.2The absence of incompatibility between two things; consistency: agreement between experimental observations and theoryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It also turns out to provide finite expressions that are in stunning agreement with experiment.
- The results are in agreement with classical ones.
- Statistics are in agreement with field estimates.
- 1.3 Grammar The condition of having the same number, gender, case, or person.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The chapter concludes with a discussion of agreement markers triggered by inflection classes.
- There is some evidence that the possibility of dropping expletive subjects is linked to agreement.
- Many current treatments of agreement assume that a noun phrase like "John" or "the book" has a single set of agreement (person, number, gender) features.
late Middle English: from Old French, from agreer 'make agreeable to' (see agree).