- A condition in which a band of fibrous tissue grows around the base of a toe, especially the fifth, eventually resulting in loss of the digit. It occurs mainly in the tropics and is associated with going barefoot, though its cause is unknown.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sailor John certainly had ainhum.
- Because the occurrence of ainhum is rare, discussion of the disease is lacking in medical literature.
- Three cases of Ainhum are reported and injections of cortisone were given with temporary relief.
late 19th century: from Portuguese, based on Yoruba eyun 'saw'.
Más definiciones de ainhumDefinición de ainhum en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional