- An act of transporting supplies by aircraft, typically in a blockade or other emergency: a massive airlift of food, blankets, and medical suppliesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The USA provided assistance in the form of an emergency airlift of food and other essentials known as Operation Provide Relief.
- Apart from the usual sprains, strains, stings and bouts of homesickness, the medics were involved in organising the emergency airlift of a critically ill cadet.
- The air force provides U.S. military forces with worldwide strategic airlifts and tactical airlifts of men and materiel, effecting deliveries by both air landing and parachute drop.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Transport (troops or supplies) by aircraft, typically when transportation by land is difficult: helicopters were employed to airlift the troops out of dangerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- From here supplies were airlifted to soldiers deployed in the wars in the Balkans and in Afghanistan.
- Food and other supplies were airlifted by national helicopters to the workers.
- Their tanks, other vehicles and supplies will be airlifted in behind them.
Más definiciones de airliftDefinición de airlift en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional