(also alder tree)
Definición de alder en inglés:
A widely distributed tree of the birch family that has toothed leaves and bears male catkins and woody female cones.
- Genus Alnus, family Betulaceae: many species, including the European (or black) alder (A. glutinosa), common in damp ground and on riverbanks
- The train passes mature hardwood maple, beech, yellow birch, hickory and American linden trees, and softwood alders and willows weeping over a calm pond.
- Trees which are especially suited for erosion control include varieties of birch, cedar, alder, fir, pine and redwood.
- In Prussia the coal of the alder, limetree, poplar, elder, willow, hemp, and hazel is used for powder.
Definición de alder en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan