Definición de aliquot en inglés:
1A portion of a larger whole, especially a sample taken for chemical analysis or other treatment.
- The pellets were resuspended and two aliquots withdrawn for analysis.
- Sample aliquots were frozen and stored for later analyses.
- After mixing and centrifugation, aliquots of the acetic acid phase were injected onto a Chromatographic system for quantitation of catecholamines.
1.1 (also aliquot part or portion) Mathematics A quantity that can be divided into another a whole number of times.
- Note that 10 is not an aliquot part of 10 since it is not a proper quotient, i.e. a quotient different from the number itself.
- ‘Any citizen who doubts this,’ Rothbard suggested, ‘may try to appropriate for his own individual use his aliquot part of ‘public’ property and then try to argue his case in court.’
- As he put it, ‘Any member of the ‘public’ who thinks he owns the property may test this theory by trying to appropriate for his own individual use his aliquot part of government property.’
verbo[with object] (usually be aliquoted) Volver al principio
Divide (a whole) into aliquots; take aliquots from (a whole).
- The solution was then aliquoted into individual 435-l volumes.
- After 10 min of incubation at room temperature, 1.25 ml of solubilized extracts were aliquoted into 1.7-ml microcentrifuge tubes.
- Following etherization, flies were aliquoted into groups of 20, placed into vials, and allowed 1 day for recovery from etherization.
Definición de aliquot en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary