Definición de alkaline en inglés:
Having the properties of an alkali, or containing alkali; having a pH greater than 7. Often contrasted with acid or acidic; compare with basic.
- Liquid bleach used in the laundry is an alkaline solution of hypochlorite ion.
- The wood chips are placed in the digester and are cooked in a highly corrosive alkaline solution.
- The precipitate is then treated with acetic acid and an alkaline material.
- Example sentences
- Loss of carbon dioxide increases alkalinity and causes a slight diminution in the protein content of the egg.
- Precipitating water softeners increase alkalinity of the cleaning solution and this may damage skin and other materials being cleaned.
- Its mild alkalinity works to turn up fatty acids contained in dirt and grease into a form of soap that can be dissolved in water and rinsed easily.
Definición de alkaline en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan