Definición de allemande en inglés:
1Any of a number of German dances.
- As such courtly French dances as the allemande and courante eventually overtook the pavan and galliard in popularity, so they were assimilated into the suite.
- Tureck gives us real dreams not only in weighty sarabande, but also in the so-called ‘lighter’ dances of the allemande, corrente, and gigue.
- Similarly, we can discover all different kinds of allemandes, courantes, sarabandes and ‘Galanterien’, although our knowledge of the subtleties of Bach's local subgenres of dances is still very limited.
1.1The music for any of these, especially as a movement of a suite.
- To the traditional form of the suite - allemande, courante, sarabande, and gigue - Bach added an introductory Prélude with a pair of fashionable modern dances.
- The suites mostly have four short movements, a prelude or allemande, courante, sarabande and gigue, with some variants.
late 16th century: from French, 'German (dance)'.
Definición de allemande en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan