- 1 Geology (Of a mineral or sediment) transported to its present position from elsewhere. Often contrasted with authigenic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is accompanied by homogenous, allogenic micrite that fills some voids.
- Lying in the northwest of the Forest of Dean, UK, the Slaughter Rising is a major resurgence, fed by a web of allogenic inputs and background autogenic drainage east of the River Wye.
- 2 Ecology (Of a successional change) caused by nonliving factors in the environment.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Over time-scales relevant to the later stages of mire succession, allogenic forcing factors are significant and may be responsible for driving the direction and rate of species turnover.
- Our study supports the hypothesis of allogenic coexistence of American beech and sugar maple in Warren Woods.
Más definiciones de allogenicDefinición de allogenic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional