- 1Of or relating to an alveolus, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has been reported that bone loss affects the jaw bones (particularly the alveolar bone).
- Many investigators believe that the tumor arises from bronchiolar or alveolar epithelium.
- The respiratory bronchiole branches to form alveolar ducts.
- 1.1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the bony ridge that contains the sockets of the upper teeth.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tooth roots are attached to the surrounding alveolar bone of the tooth socket.
- They occur almost exclusively along the alveolar ridge of the maxilla in white female newborns.
- Children with cleft palates often have an alveolar ridge defect.
- 1.2 Phonetics (Of a consonant) pronounced with the tip of the tongue on or near this ridge (e.g., n, s, t).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some years ago it was pointed out to me that when I'm trying to be very precise in talking about linguistics, I use dental rather than alveolar articulations for consonants.
- Hebrew and Arabic use dentalized t, d, th, etc., while English makes the sounds farther back at the alveolar ridge.
- It must be rigid enough to promote near zero surface tensions during the alveolar compression.
- 1.3 Anatomy Of or relating to an alveolus or the alveoli of the lung.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To quantify the alveolar injuries, we measured radial alveolar count in lung tissue at each time point.
- Alveolar number was closely related to total lung volume whereas alveolar size was not.
- This growth factor is abundantly expressed in many different lung cells, including alveolar macrophages and type II cells.
sustantivoPhonetics Volver al principio
- An alveolar consonant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Given that both soft and hard alveolars (‘t’ and ‘d') are used in Punjabi, their representation in the new script would constitute the most baffling problem.
- The bare letters's', 't', 'n', 'l', etc. cannot be assumed to specifically represent alveolars.
- Both the /s/ and /z/ sounds are alveolars, articulated in the same place in the vocal cavity
Más definiciones de alveolarDefinición de alveolar en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional