- He was also a keen hurler and in recent years saw his beloved Ballinakill Club amalgamated with Woodford.
- A business is often sold, purchased, merged, or amalgamated with another business by the purchase and sale of either assets or shares.
- The East Yorkshire Regiment amalgamated with the West Yorkshire Regiment in 1958 to form the Prince of Wales's Own Regiment of Yorkshire.
- Corrosion of pure and amalgamated zinc in pure concentrated solutions was investigated using two methods.
- The general course of the decay curves was similar for polished and amalgamated zinc.
- It was furthermore shown that there is at atmospheric pressure very strong tendency for mercury to amalgamate iron.
Early 17th century: from medieval Latin amalgamat- 'formed into a soft mass', from the verb amalgamare, from amalgama (see amalgam).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: a·mal·ga·mate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.