Definición de amaryllis en inglés:
A bulbous plant with white, pink, or red flowers and straplike leaves, of the type genus of the amaryllis family, Amaryllidaceae.
- A South African plant (Amaryllis belladonna, also called belladonna lily), and (popularly) a tropical South American plant that is frequently grown as a houseplant (hybrids of the genus Hippeastrum, formerly Amaryllis)
- I also dug the amaryllis, which I plant out each summer after their winter show.
- The two easiest bulbs to force are paper-white narcissus and amaryllis.
- Cheryl Howie of Iowa keeps her amaryllis standing straight with a unique plant stake she made out of a Frisbee and a few wooden dowels.
Definición de amaryllis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary