Definición de amaurosis en inglés:
Partial or total blindness without visible change in the eye, typically due to disease of the optic nerve, spinal cord, or brain.
- Leber congenital amaurosis is an inherited disease that is believed to cause up to 20 percent of all cases of childhood blindness.
- Other visual symptoms may include amaurosis fugax, diplopia and partial loss of vision.
- Another popular writer of detective stories was Ernest Bramah, creator of the blind detective Max Carrados, sufferer of amaurosis.
mid 17th century: from Greek amaurōsis, from amauroun 'darken', from amauros 'dim'.
- Example sentences
- Before coming to America, those living in small communities in Europe occasionally suffered from amaurotic idiocy, an inherited pathology attributed to inbreeding.
- The condition differs from the other forms of amaurotic idiocy by virtue of lack of fundal changes and the presence of significant cerebellar dysfunction.
- Klenk found no increase in the total amount of gangliosides; but Cumings reported an increase in the neuraminic acid level in the cortex in adult cases of amaurotic family idiocy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan