Partial or total blindness without visible change in the eye, typically due to disease of the optic nerve, spinal cord, or brain.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Leber congenital amaurosis is an inherited disease that is believed to cause up to 20 percent of all cases of childhood blindness.
- Other visual symptoms may include amaurosis fugax, diplopia and partial loss of vision.
- Another popular writer of detective stories was Ernest Bramah, creator of the blind detective Max Carrados, sufferer of amaurosis.
mid 17th century: from Greek amaurōsis, from amauroun 'darken', from amauros 'dim'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Before coming to America, those living in small communities in Europe occasionally suffered from amaurotic idiocy, an inherited pathology attributed to inbreeding.
- The condition differs from the other forms of amaurotic idiocy by virtue of lack of fundal changes and the presence of significant cerebellar dysfunction.
- Klenk found no increase in the total amount of gangliosides; but Cumings reported an increase in the neuraminic acid level in the cortex in adult cases of amaurotic family idiocy.