Definición de ambition en inglés:
- Hughes won the affection of many viewers in the original programme when he set out his ambitions in life.
- Not so long ago he was watching telly with his eldest daughter, Lois, who has ambitions to be an actor.
- If we work together we can realise these ambitions - we can make Scotland a better place.
- He's been good at everything he's turned his hand to because of his determination and ambition.
- Unlike world leaders she was not driven by raging ambition or a desire to improve society.
- Julie's success is based on driving ambition, a deprived childhood and hard graft.
Ambition comes from Latin ambire, literally meaning ‘to go round or go about’ (also the source of late 16th-century ambient), but with the more specific sense of ‘to go round canvassing for votes’. From this developed the idea of eagerly seeking honour or advancement.
Palabras que riman con ambitionacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.