Definición de amblyopia en inglés:
Impaired or dim vision without obvious defect or change in the eye.
- This is very important, because it is estimated that as many as three percent of children in the U.S. have some degree of vision impairment due to amblyopia.
- Despite problems with follow-up, this study provides evidence that early detection and intervention for amblyopia improves vision in young children.
- They asked the surgeons to inform them of people with amblyopia who had lost vision in their good eye as adults.
early 18th century: from Greek ambluōpia 'dim-sightedness', from ambluōpos (adjective), from amblus 'dull' + ōps, ōp- 'eye'.
- Example sentences
- The intensive screening protocol was associated with better acuity in the amblyopic eye and a lower prevalence of amblyopia at 7.5 years of age, in comparison with screening at 37 months only.
- The authors conclude that children who required treatment for amblyopia were four times more likely to remain amblyopic if they were screened only at 37 months of age.
- Although researchers found that vision in the amblyopic eye improved faster in the patching group, the difference in the two groups at six months was small and not significant.
Definición de amblyopia en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary