- 1An organic compound containing the group —C(O)NH2, related to ammonia by replacing a hydrogen atom by an acyl group.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, the permeability of the membrane for small uncharged solutes such as low molecular weight alcohols, amides, ketones etc., did not change.
- Nitriles are formed by heating amides with phosphorous pentoxide or by treating organic halogen compounds with sodium cyanide.
- Primary amides are weakly basic and can form compounds with metals such as sodium, potassium, mercury, and cadmium, although heavy metal amides can be explosive.
- 1.1A compound derived from ammonia by replacement of a hydrogen atom by a metal, containing the anion NH2-.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Secondary and tertiary amides are prepared by reacting primary amides or nitriles with organic acids.
- The resulting ester was saponified under basic conditions to the free acid, converted to the acyl chloride with thionyl chloride, and then to the amide with anhydrous ammonia gas.
- The ester functional group can also be split by ammonia to give amides and alcohols.
Más definiciones de amideDefinición de amide en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional