- 1A supply or quantity of bullets and shells.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Large quantities of ammunition and supplies had been stockpiled there.
- He is suspected of being a hired hitman able to supply guns and ammunition to contacts in the criminal underworld.
- By the winter artillery ammunition had been rationed to one or two shells per gun per day.
- 2Considerations that can be used to support one’s case in debate: these figures provide ammunition to the argument for more resourcesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His 19 years in the Senate have provided plenty of ammunition for critics to portray him as inconsistent.
- But it provides more ammunition to those opposed to American corporate globalisation.
- First, never ask what they would like to wear - it'll only provide them with ammunition.
late 16th century: from obsolete French amunition, alteration (by wrong division) of la munition 'the munition' (see munition).