Definición de amphetamine en inglés:
A synthetic, addictive, mood-altering drug, used illegally as a stimulant and legally as a prescription drug to treat children with ADD and adults with narcolepsy.
- Alternative name: 1-phenyl-2-aminopropane (or one of its salts, especially amphetamine sulfate); chemical formula: C6H5CH2CH(CH3)NH2
- Ritalin is a stimulant whose effects are similar to those of amphetamine, methamphetamine and cocaine.
- Scientists don't know much about how drugs like amphetamine and Prozac interact in young children.
- The stimulant drugs are based on amphetamine and carry a risk of sudden death from fatal heart rhythms.
1930s: abbreviation of its chemical name, a(lpha-)m(ethyl) phe(ne)t(hyl)amine.
Definición de amphetamine en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan