Definición de amyl en inglés:
sustantivo[as modifier] Chemistry
1The straight-chain pentyl radical —C5H11.
- The powdered bark can also be treated with solvents, such as toluene, or amyl alcohol to extract the quinine.
- Once again, there's an impressive list of toxins found in these products that may include naptha, phenol, diglycol laurate, amyl acetate or nitrobenzene.
- Ethanol was then replaced with amyl acetate in preparation for critical point drying with liquid carbon dioxide.
1.1 informal short for amyl nitrite.
- Effective treatment was not available until Brunton introduced nitrate of amyl in 1867.
- Wearing gasmasks with a small canister of amyl attached is really great for morale on the battlefield of love - but I digress.
- The blurb makes it all sound far more titillating than it probably is, but they're right about the leather and amyl though.
Definición de amyl en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan