sustantivo (plural analyses /-ˌsēz/)
- 1Detailed examination of the elements or structure of something, typically as a basis for discussion or interpretation: statistical analysis an analysis of popular cultureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although this prevented a detailed statistical analysis, the events could still be characterized.
- A more detailed analysis of the structure and concepts of Jo and Gwan can be found in the next essay, by Salia Male.
- The task lists resulting from statistical analysis of those surveys were examined to answer the study questions.
- 1.1The process of separating something into its constituent elements. Often contrasted with synthesis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The shift to decompositional conceptions of analysis was not without precedents, however.
- Eventually, data from this program will permit a more direct analysis of the process described here.
- According to one group of researchers, this process of analysis is carried out in seven steps.
- 1.2The identification and measurement of the chemical constituents of a substance or specimen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Electrochemical techniques are also widely used in chemical analysis.
- Crude chemical analyses identify the rock type as resembling the Earth's ocean floor rather than the Earth's continents.
- This protein poses interesting questions for those who deal with the detailed analysis of protein structures.
- 1.3 short for psychoanalysis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is the same effect as can sometimes happen to us in the course of an analysis or a therapy.
- Moreover, it is also possible to imagine that a different psychoanalyst would be able to conduct an analysis with this patient.
- The analyst interprets without due regard for the analysand or the analysand acts without regard for the analyst or the analysis.
- 1.5 Mathematics The part of mathematics concerned with the theory of functions and the use of limits, continuity, and the operations of calculus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He also made contributions to analytic number theory, Diophantine analysis and numerical functions.
- Hahn was a pioneer in set theory and functional analysis and is best remembered for the Hahn - Banach theorem.
- Razmadze wrote the first textbooks in Georgian on analysis and integral calculus.
in the final (or last) analysis
- When everything has been considered (used to suggest that a statement expresses the basic truth about a complex situation): in the final analysis it is a question of political historyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet.
- But, in the final analysis, Tartt does much more than present a complex, rich, unique character.
- Yes, mistakes are made, targets are not achieved, but ultimately the science of hindsight often reveals flaws in the ultimate analysis.
late 16th century: via medieval Latin from Greek analusis, from analuein 'unloose', from ana- 'up' + luein 'loosen'.