Definición de anapest en inglés:
A metrical foot consisting of two short or unstressed syllables followed by one long or stressed syllable.
- Thus in the last stanza quoted, after the surge of anapaests in the first two lines, spondees, dactyls, and iambs begin to appear.
- They seemed startled by the realization they could actually craft iamb, anapest, anapest, and have it come out a poem.
- He thereby lends some countenance to Saintsbury's later mantra that what passes for English dactylics are in fact ‘tipped-up’ hypermetric anapests.
- Example sentences
- But the repetition of ‘call to me’ in its dactylic form makes a continuous anapaestic reading impossible, and the stress dactyls in the following lines makes it clearly inappropriate.
- ‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.
- That poem, ‘The Pig and the Rooster,’ was in anapestic tetrameter, the poetic meter of ‘The Night before Christmas.’
Definición de anapest en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan