- Thus in the last stanza quoted, after the surge of anapaests in the first two lines, spondees, dactyls, and iambs begin to appear.
- They seemed startled by the realization they could actually craft iamb, anapest, anapest, and have it come out a poem.
- He thereby lends some countenance to Saintsbury's later mantra that what passes for English dactylics are in fact ‘tipped-up’ hypermetric anapests.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But the repetition of ‘call to me’ in its dactylic form makes a continuous anapaestic reading impossible, and the stress dactyls in the following lines makes it clearly inappropriate.
- ‘The Beautiful Changes’ consists of three six-line stanzas in loose iambics with an anapestic lilt.
- That poem, ‘The Pig and the Rooster,’ was in anapestic tetrameter, the poetic meter of ‘The Night before Christmas.’
Late 16th century: via Latin from Greek anapaistos 'reversed', from ana- 'back' + paiein 'strike' (so called because it is the reverse of a dactyl).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: an·a·pest
Definición de anapest en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.