The insertion of a vowel between two consonants in pronunciation, as in filim for film.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Prothesis and anaptyxis are often called simply ‘vowel’ or ‘schwa epenthesis’.
- It seems more like anaptyxis to me, with maybe a compensatory syncope.
- There is cross-linguistic evidence for associating anaptyxis-prothesis asymmetries with the nature of the consonants involved in the process.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek anaptuxis 'unfolding', from ana- 'back, again' + ptuxis 'folding'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Stress might have served as an environment for the denasalization or fortification of ‘m’, as well as the strengthening of the anaptyctic vowel in the prefix.
- Basque speakers shifting to Romance were confronted with lots of words beginning with [r], which they could not pronounce without an anaptyctic vowel.
- For formatives that are either verbs or nouns with a vocalic Affiliation / Extension prefix, the rules for consonantal prefixation are more constrained, as no forms using an anaptyctic vowel are permitted.
Definición de anaptyxis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional