Definición de anaptyxis en inglés:
The insertion of a vowel between two consonants in pronunciation, as in filim for film.
- Prothesis and anaptyxis are often called simply ‘vowel’ or ‘schwa epenthesis’.
- It seems more like anaptyxis to me, with maybe a compensatory syncope.
- There is cross-linguistic evidence for associating anaptyxis-prothesis asymmetries with the nature of the consonants involved in the process.
- Example sentences
- Stress might have served as an environment for the denasalization or fortification of ‘m’, as well as the strengthening of the anaptyctic vowel in the prefix.
- Basque speakers shifting to Romance were confronted with lots of words beginning with [r], which they could not pronounce without an anaptyctic vowel.
- For formatives that are either verbs or nouns with a vocalic Affiliation / Extension prefix, the rules for consonantal prefixation are more constrained, as no forms using an anaptyctic vowel are permitted.
Definición de anaptyxis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan