Definición de anchorman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural anchormen)
1A person who presents and coordinates a live television or radio program involving other contributors.
- Also nominated as best presenter is BBC News anchorman Huw Edwards, who will be hosting the Bafta Cymru Award ceremony on 26 April, and who hopes to repeat his success of last year, when he took that title.
- Television coverage will be hosted by BBC News anchorman Huw Edwards with expert comment and analysis from American soprano Barbara Bonney.
- They have pinned their hopes on Fresno television news anchorman Rich Rodriguez, a popular personality in the Central Valley area.
1.1The central or most dependable contributor to something.
- In February of 2001, Benshoof glided to his first career Senior International medal as the anchorman in a bronze medal performance by Team USA at the 35th Luge World Championships.
- Tomorrow England could play half as well and win and the outcome may depend on which team's anchorman, Nicky Butt or Gilberto Silva, drags his chain less.
- I didn't even know what was going on, even after I finished my third game as the team's anchorman.
1.2The member of a relay team who runs the last leg.
- Weber, the anchorman of this immortal team, was the essence of unmuscled execution.
- The anchorman on Coach McDonnell's team was South African, Alistair Cragg, who holds dual Irish citizenship and ran for Ireland in the World Cross-country Championships in Croatia last December.
- As for complaining about aches and pains, ‘She doesn't do it more than anyone else,’ says Sam Norwood, anchorman on Talley's team.
Definición de anchorman en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia