sustantivo (plural anchorwomen)
1A woman who presents and coordinates a live television or radio program involving other contributors.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- John and Jimmy even plead with the blow-dried anchorman at a local TV station to air a special report on Mikey.
- Having watched what happened with my father as an anchorman, I understand that the idea is that news has a problem: they're losing viewers.
- He becomes Ron: the shallow-but-photogenic anchorman whose back-stage pettiness contradicts his on-screen friendliness.
2A female member of a relay team who runs the last leg: the team’s anchorwoman was the primary reason why they won April’s crown
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anchorwoman Gemma Tattersall, who could have closed the gap with Germany, was eliminated for a fall when Chico Bella P landed steeply at the drop into the second water complex at fence 18
- Mathews would handle the baton on the second leg, and then Rudolph would hand off to anchorwoman Isabelle Daniels.
- When the anchorwoman for the German 4x100 relay drops the baton with a big lead, he is crestfallen.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: an·chor·wom·an
Definición de anchorwoman en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda