(Of a plant) wind-pollinated.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Generally, starchy pollen has been considered a feature of wind-pollinated (anemophilous) flowering plants, whereas insect-pollinated species show a greater or lesser replacement of starch by sugar or lipids.
- In addition, a very detailed pollen record has been obtained for this anemophilous species, because it has colonized western and northern Europe relatively late during the Holocene.
- A basic uniformity in floral as well as vegetative characters probably relates to an anemophilous habit.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some authors recognize anemophily as the principal pollination system for this family, while others indicate entomophily.
- Vasquez studied pollination in A. vaginatum subsp. vaginatum in Mexico and concluded that anemophily predominated.
- I am interested in understanding how the morphological and ecological associations of anemophily reflect the aerodynamic requirements for effective pollen export and import.
Late 19th century: from Greek anemos 'wind' + -philous (see -philia).
Definición de anemophilous en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda