- Insensitivity to pain, especially as artificially induced by the administration of gases or the injection of drugs before surgical operations.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We speculated that the effects of surgical injury and anaesthesia might be as important as the use of cardiopulmonary bypass in causing impairment.
- It is also possible to induce anaesthesia with anaesthetic gases, breathed through a mask.
- Body piercing is traditionally done without any anesthesia to dull the pain.
early 18th century: from modern Latin anaesthesia, from Greek anaisthēsia, from an- 'without' + aisthēsis 'sensation'.
Más definiciones de anesthesiaDefinición de anesthesia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional