Definición de angelica en inglés:
- Genus Angelica, family Umbelliferae: many species, especially the cultivated A. archangelica
- Caterpillars of the Black and Anise Swallowtail make their home on and eat the leaves from the parsley family that include fennel, angelica, dill and chervil.
- This family of plants is vast and contains some of our most popular herbs such as, dill, coriander, parsley and angelica as well as some common pot herbs, for example carrot, parsnips and celery.
- The most popular ones have umbrella shaped flowers such as fennel, dill, cilantro, caraway, angelica, tansy, wild carrot & yarrow.
- The verb ‘to candy’ today indicates a method of preservation using sugar syrup; candied fruit, marrons glacés, candied ginger, and candied angelica all use this process.
- For me, there was nothing quite so awesomely splendid as the Judge Jeffries sweet trolley, where everything was garnished with glacé cherries, ‘hundreds and thousands’, or tiny little green chunks of angelica.
- Other tablets from Dufour are beautifully embedded with glacéed orange and lemon peel, and vividly-green pieces of candied angelica.
Early 16th century: from medieval Latin (herba) angelica 'angelic (herb)', so named because it was believed to be efficacious against poisoning and disease.
Palabras que riman con angelicaBoudicca • trafficker
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.