Definición de angelica en inglés:
1A tall aromatic plant of the parsley family, with large leaves and yellowish-green flowers. Native to both Eurasia and North America, it is used in cooking and herbal medicine.
- Genus Angelica, family Umbelliferae: many species, especially the cultivated A. archangelica
- Caterpillars of the Black and Anise Swallowtail make their home on and eat the leaves from the parsley family that include fennel, angelica, dill and chervil.
- This family of plants is vast and contains some of our most popular herbs such as, dill, coriander, parsley and angelica as well as some common pot herbs, for example carrot, parsnips and celery.
- The most popular ones have umbrella shaped flowers such as fennel, dill, cilantro, caraway, angelica, tansy, wild carrot & yarrow.
1.1The candied stalk of the angelica plant.
- The verb ‘to candy’ today indicates a method of preservation using sugar syrup; candied fruit, marrons glacés, candied ginger, and candied angelica all use this process.
- For me, there was nothing quite so awesomely splendid as the Judge Jeffries sweet trolley, where everything was garnished with glacé cherries, ‘hundreds and thousands’, or tiny little green chunks of angelica.
- Other tablets from Dufour are beautifully embedded with glacéed orange and lemon peel, and vividly-green pieces of candied angelica.
early 16th century: from medieval Latin (herba) angelica 'angelic (herb)', so named because it was believed to be efficacious against poisoning and disease.
Definición de angelica en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan