Definición de anhydride en inglés:
1The compound obtained by removing the elements of water from a particular acid.
- Nonmetal oxides that form acidic solutions when dissolved in water are called acid anhydrides.
- Primary amides are prepared by reacting ammonia or amines with acid chlorides, anhydrides, or esters.
- The carboxyl group is fairly reactive, and carboxyl group-containing compounds can undergo nucleophilic substitution to form many useful derivatives such as acid chlorides, anhydrides, esters, and amides.
1.1 [usually with modifier] An organic compound containing the group —C(O)OC(O)—, derived from a carboxylic acid.
- The binding strength of FN toward the substrate was adjusted using a set of thin films of different alternating maleic anhydride copolymers containing comonomers with varied alkyl chain length.
- By that it was concluded that the used maleic anhydride copolymer thin films allow for a substrate-protein interaction in a controlled manner.
- The company's phthalic anhydride plant at Raichur, Karnataka and maleic anhydride plant at Taloja, Maharashtra operated satisfactorily during 2002-03.
Definición de anhydride en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary