sustantivo (plural annattos)
- 1An orange-red dye obtained from the pulp of a tropical fruit, used for coloring foods and fabric.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another color the cheese maker could add is the dye annatto (from a tropical plant), which also lends a different shade of yellow.
- Also seek out natural sugar substitutes like stevia and natural food colors like annatto, carmine, carotene, and turmeric.
- To enhance flavor or impart a desired color, cloves, ginger, fructose, aspartame, saccharin, FD & C Red no.40, monosodium glutamate, caramel, annatto, limonene, and turmeric can be added.
- 2The tropical American tree that yields the fruit from which annatto is obtained.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bixa orellana, family Bixaceae
- About 90 percent of the plants can be used as dyes - lychee leaves and branches produce shades of brown, azaleas a yellow to reddish brown and annattos a golden orange.
- Bixa orellana (Annatto) is a native of Central and tropical South America. The tree has been widely introduced throughout the tropics as an ornamental or for its dyestuffs, and has become naturalised in many countries, including Jamaica.
- The Annatto tree or shrub can vary between 6 to 18 feet tall, with a dense rounded shape and short trunk.
early 17th century: from Carib.
Más definiciones de annattoDefinición de annatto en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional