verbo[with object] (usually as adjective anodized)
Coat (a metal, especially aluminum) with a protective oxide layer by an electrolytic process in which the metal forms the anode.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One of the most common metals that is anodized is aluminum.
- The top and bottom of the reservoir are made of solid anodized blue aluminium with the exterior made from acrylic in a cylindrical shape.
- Those produced in brass, anodized aluminum or galvanized iron impart a golden glow or a silvery shiver.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Wayne earns £10,000 a year as an anodiser.
- Most anodizers need anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to plan, process and invoice for projects.
- This certificate issued by the designated anodiser confirms that the anodizing has been produced in accordance with the ‘aluminium finishing requirements’ as specified.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: an·o·dize
Definición de anodize en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda