- Family Formicidae, order Hymenoptera: several subfamilies.
- The next time either of those two ants meet any other ant, the information they pass on will be different.
- To scientists, that's as bizarre a finding as a queen bee spawning a colony of ants.
- He has red hair, shouts incessantly and moves as though a colony of ants has invaded his tracksuit trousers.
have ants in one's pants
- informal Be fidgety or restless.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Maybe it's just God trying to tell me to keep still and stop acting like I have ants in my pants, to just be calm and happy that all is well.
- He appeared to have ants in his pants, refusing to stand still for a minute.
- I have so much energy that the little kids I baby-sit told me it looks like I have ants in my pants.
Old English ǣmete; related to German Ameise. Compare with emmet.
The dialect word emmet for an ant, used since the 1970s as a Cornish term for a tourist, is like ant, from Old English ǣmete. Antsy, dating from the mid 19th century, is probably from the phrase have ants in one's pants; it means ‘agitated’, ‘restless’.
Palabras que riman con antBrabant, Brandt, brant, cant, enceinte, extant, gallant, Kant, levant, pant, pointe, pointes, rant, scant
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.