An insect that resembles a dragonfly, with predatory larvae that construct conical pits into which insect prey, especially ants, fall.
- Family Myrmeleontidae, order Neuroptera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This was also found in at least one other insect species, the ant lion.
- I was up to my waist, and as each wave receded I was being pushed forward, and the sand was being dragged from beneath me, in much the same way as an ant lion catches its prey.
- However, when excluding one outlier, the ant lion, the correlations are again significant.
Definición de ant lion en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional