1Showing or feeling active opposition or hostility toward someone or something: he was antagonistic to the government’s reforms an antagonistic group of bystanders
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is no longer possible for any section of the global population to cling to a system of thinking that is uncompromisingly antagonistic to the thinking of others.
- He was rude and antagonistic to my friends, kept picking arguments and was often deliberately provocative, manipulating people into tense arguments.
- It recognizes that politics must have an underlying morality to it, but it is antagonistic to traditional morality.
1.1 Biochemistry & Physiology Relating to an antagonist or its action.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Furthermore, an antagonistic effect of added amino acids, such as glutamine, on sucrose-induced GS expression was observed.
- The arms are an important means of defence of our vulnerable points, including the head, chest, and abdomen, as well as of antagonistic connections to others.
- This is compatible with a genuine antagonistic action of the drugs during their gradual diffusion and washout.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We found that mildly deleterious mutations interacted synergistically in poor-resource environments but antagonistically in rich-resource environments.
- We discuss alternative pathways of sexual selection that may have acted in this system, including the possibility that female preferences and male traits have evolved antagonistically.
- In this process, we see the fallacy of blaming others for our emotional reactions and we are less likely to act out antagonistically or violently toward others.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: an·tag·o·nis·tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda