- A blue, violet, or red flavonoid pigment found in plants.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As well as a high content of carotene, the same substance that gives carrots and egg yolks their distinctive colour, these oranges develop a red pigment, anthocyanin, which gives their flesh its hue.
- Beech trees have more of a red pigment called anthocyanin and birch trees have more carotene which turns leaves yellow.
- The pigment, anthocyanin, is normally turned off during the growing season, but the researchers inserted a gene that turns on this colour-making process in the presence of nitrogen dioxide.
mid 19th century: from German Anthocyan, from Greek anthos 'flower' + kuanos 'blue' + -in1.
Más definiciones de anthocyaninDefinición de anthocyanin en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional