- (Chiefly of a drug) having the effect of preventing or curing scurvy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1747 the British naval surgeon James Lind conducted experiments on antiscorbutic substances - that is, those able to prevent scurvy.
- Gilbert Blane and Thomas Beddoes, highly esteemed authorities on scurvy in the 18th century, rightly doubted that there was any antiscorbutic virtue in malt.
- There are several isomers, only one of which has significant antiscorbutic properties.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An antiscorbutic food or drug.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cook did, for example, but other captains didn't and it was an imperfectly understood thing, that you had to have antiscorbutics in the diet otherwise you got scurvy.
- To provide the men with antiscorbutics while on campaign, they pickled everything that would pickle, from onions to potatoes to artichokes.
- The juice of lemons and oranges are antiscorbutics never enough to be commended.
Más definiciones de antiscorbuticDefinición de antiscorbutic en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional