1Relating to or denoting substances that prevent the growth of disease-causing microorganisms.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is likely that you will be prescribed antibiotics and an antiseptic mouthwash to reduce the risk of your implant becoming infected.
- He or she may also recommend an antiseptic mouthwash that helps prevent plaque forming.
- These treatments have antifungal and antiseptic properties.
2Scrupulously clean or pure, especially so as to be bland or characterless: the antiseptic modernity of a conference center
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's good to see computer - generated images of how the original and intact building looked, before going to see the clean and rather antiseptic ruin.
- Lighting was selected to brighten without glaring, and displays were designed to be neat and clean, but not antiseptic.
- It was a bit too clean and antiseptic to be really considered an evil lair.
An antiseptic compound or preparation.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Catheters impregnated with antiseptics and coated with antibiotics are now available.
- The lesion had not responded to self prescribed topical antibiotics and antiseptics.
- Semmelweis documented the importance of antiseptics in clinical medicine; the importance of biocides in the domicile environment remains to be determined.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Her blotter is crisp, doodle-free, as antiseptically intimidating as the crinkly butcher rolls doctors use on examination tables.
- There is a push and pull on many of the tracks that they produce: the listener wants to embrace the diva and the words she sings, but is pulled away by the too-perfect sounds rinsed antiseptically clean.
- The antiseptically white walls of the new galleries contrast with murkier spaces where the original concrete structure and chunky octagonal columns have been retained.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: an·ti·sep·tic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda