Definición de aorta en inglés:
- At this time, the surgeon begins to develop a dissection plane between the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- In an embryo, the aorta and the pulmonary artery are initially a single vessel.
- The pump device works by assisting the function of the left ventricle, improving blood supply to the aorta and so to the rest of the body.
mid 16th century: from Greek aortē (used in the plural by Hippocrates for the branches of the windpipe, and by Aristotle for the great artery), from aeirein 'raise'.
artery from (Late Middle English):
This comes via Latin from Greek artēria, probably from aeirein ‘raise’. Arteries were popularly thought by the ancients (who thought the word was from Greek aēr ‘air’) to be air ducts as they do not contain blood after death. Medieval writers thought they contained an ethereal fluid distinct from that of the veins: this was referred to as spiritual blood or vital spirits. Aorta (mid 16th century) also comes from aeirein. It was used by Hippocrates for the branches of the windpipe, and by Aristotle for the great artery.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the left, between the left ventricle and the aorta, is the aortic valve.
- On examination, your doctor may feel a pulsating mass in your abdomen which may be tender if an abdominal aortic aneurysm is large.
- Smoking is the most important risk factor to be modified in patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.