The failure of an organ or tissue to develop or to function normally.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the time of aplasia, the child with sickle cell disease is highly contagious.
- Because this disease is virtually always fatal due to the profound bone marrow aplasia, management is not well defined and is rarely successful.
- Transplants of stem cells from either the same person or another person are used to repopulate and regenerate the bone marrow, ‘rescuing’ the patient from aplasia.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Common problems in children include febrile events, acute chest syndrome, sequestration crisis, and aplastic episodes due to infection with parvovirus.
- A team of 16 nursing staff deal with about 35 donor transplants a year for patients with different types of leukaemia, thalassaemia and aplastic anaemias who come from West, North and East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire.
- Also infection can produce severe anaemia and an aplastic crisis in people with sickle-cell anaemia or other abnormalities of haemoglobin.
Late 19th century: from a-1 'without' + Greek plasis 'formation'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: a·pla·sia
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda