Definición de apparatchik en inglés:
sustantivo (plural apparatchiks or apparatchiki /-CHiˌkē/)chiefly historical
1A member of a communist party apparat.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You write that in four of these five states the current rulers are former apparatchiks of the Communist Party.
- Former Communist Party apparatchiks wound up in control of most state assets while billions haemorrhaged out of the country into numbered Swiss bank accounts.
- Privatization often has involved the corrupt transfer of assets into the private hands of former communist apparatchiks.
1.1 derogatory or humorous An official in a large political organization: Tory apparatchiks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It would not normally be worth reporting except that it is a small example of how difficult it can be these days for the ordinary scientist to question the official beliefs of the apparatchiks of global warming.
- The more top-down management became dominant, the greater must be the tensions between the top-down apparatchiks and the academic staff who do the research and the teaching and the examining.
- With the political journalists, the fun in reading them is trying to work out which politician, apparatchik or bureaucrat they've been speaking to.
Definición de apparatchik en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia