Definición de apparatchik en inglés:
sustantivo (plural apparatchiks or apparatchiki /-CHiˌkē/)chiefly historical
1A member of a communist party apparat.
- You write that in four of these five states the current rulers are former apparatchiks of the Communist Party.
- Former Communist Party apparatchiks wound up in control of most state assets while billions haemorrhaged out of the country into numbered Swiss bank accounts.
- Privatization often has involved the corrupt transfer of assets into the private hands of former communist apparatchiks.
1.1 derogatory or humorous An official in a large political organization: Tory apparatchiks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It would not normally be worth reporting except that it is a small example of how difficult it can be these days for the ordinary scientist to question the official beliefs of the apparatchiks of global warming.
- The more top-down management became dominant, the greater must be the tensions between the top-down apparatchiks and the academic staff who do the research and the teaching and the examining.
- With the political journalists, the fun in reading them is trying to work out which politician, apparatchik or bureaucrat they've been speaking to.
Definición de apparatchik en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan