1The action of officially agreeing to something or accepting something as satisfactory: the road plans have been given approval they have delayed the launch to await project approvals
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Detailed schemes for each area are still being drawn up and the first wave of project approvals are expected by the end of the year.
- They are also awaiting payments and approvals under various schemes.
- He added that all the relevant approvals for the project are in order right down to the environmental impact assessment.
acceptance, agreement, consent, assent, permission, leave;
sanction, endorsement, ratification, authorization, validation;
informal the go-ahead, the green light, the nod, the rubber stamp, the OK, the say-so, the thumbs up
1.1The belief that someone or something is good or acceptable: step-parents need to win a child’s approval
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I would hope that the west London lines would meet with approval and link up to Heathrow and Gatwick.
- It is a surprise to find you quoting him with approval so early in the book.
- Neither suggestion met with approval so I repaired to the kitchen to make coffee.
approbation, appreciation, favor, liking, admiration, regard, esteem, respect, praise
- (Of goods) supplied on condition that they may be returned if not satisfactory.Oraciones de ejemplo
- She immediately sent him three tree of life panels on approval, which he returned because ‘I don't think they really suit the style of my house.’
- We will rush a framing job when necessary to accommodate and will not add rush fees; we allow work to go out on approval and be returned if it does not work; and we offer free consultation services.
- He added that services like discounts, selection, art on approval, flaming, installation, commissions and delivery can help, as well.
seal (or stamp) of approval
- An official statement or indication that something is accepted or regarded favorably.Oraciones de ejemplo
- It didn't get the official stamp of approval again until 1926, when the university senate and principal gave the procession a cautious thumbs-up.
- The big news this week is that the planners have given the official stamp of approval for the new community facility in the fields opposite Marshallstown houses.
- They and the conservation lobby continue to hope that their efforts to preserve the city's heritage will soon get an official stamp of approval.
Palabras que riman con approvalremoval
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ap·prov·al
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda