- It seems likely, judging from the sediments in the water channels, that the aqueduct went on supplying water to Nîmes until the early medieval period.
- Even today, residents of desert outposts like Khotan and Korla live as they have for centuries, funneling precious water in ancient aqueducts to fields bursting with grapes and apricots.
- You see, this young engineer Attilus builds a great aqueduct to bring water from the slopes of Vesuvius sixty miles to Pompeii and other towns on the Bay of Naples.
- The tumor measured 64 x 35 x 27 mm and extended from the aqueduct to the Cl level of the spinal cord.
- The root fibers arising from the trochlear nuclei form a decussation dorsal to the mesencephalic aqueduct, and they are the only cranial nerves that cross completely and that leave the dorsal aspect of the brain stem.
- From the lateral ventricles CSF drains into the central third ventricle, and thence through the aqueduct in the midbrain into the fourth ventricle.
Mid 16th century: from obsolete French (now aqueduc), from Latin aquae ductus 'conduit', from aqua 'water' + ducere 'to lead'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: aq·ue·duct
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.