Definición de archerfish en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or archerfishes)
A freshwater fish that knocks insect prey off overhanging vegetation by spitting water at it. It is native to Asia, Australia, and the Philippines.
- Genus Toxotes, family Toxotidae: several species, in particular T. jaculator
- By shooting jets or bullets of water, and correcting for light refraction, archerfishes knock insects down to the water surface and quickly consume them.
- Colisa uses the same technique as archerfishes to prey on insects just above the water.
- Banded archerfish have a deep laterally-compressed body with a flattened head and back.
Definición de archerfish en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan