- A blind nomadic tropical ant that forages in large columns, preying chiefly on insects and spiders. Also called driver ant.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Subfamily Dorylinae, family Formicidae
- Impostor in the nest: a beetle disguised as an army ant eludes capture by ants as well as entomologists - Column
- Some species of woodcreepers forage by following army ant (subfamily Ecitoninae) swarms to catch the prey that are flushed by the swarms.
- They give the example of the army ant, found in Central and South America, on which no fewer than a hundred species depend, including various beetles, mites, and birds.
Más definiciones de army antDefinición de army ant en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional