Definición de arnica en inglés:
1A plant of the daisy family that bears yellow daisylike flowers. Native to cooler regions of the northern hemisphere, it is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
- Genus Arnica, family Compositae: many species, especially mountain tobacco (A. montana) of central Europe
- Brown-faced golden daisies bobbed in the gentle breeze; smaller arnicas vied with the fledgling's feathers for sunny brilliance.
- Among the wildflowers are a wild geranium, an aster with smooth stems and leaves, leafy arnica, yellow monkey flower, meadow rue, and bluebells.
- As we climb, the maze of trees, ferns, and blueberry bushes gives way to subalpine meadows painted with purple lupine, pale blue gentians, crimson columbine, and yellow arnica.
1.1A preparation of arnica used medicinally, especially for the treatment of bruises.
- Skin creams containing vitamin C or arnica can also help bruises heal.
- Use of 26 types of homeopathic medicines was reported, with the most frequently used being arnica.
- In between treatments, apply arnica gel to the injury site.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with arnicaAnneka • Seneca • Lineker
Definición de arnica en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan