- 1A plant of the daisy family that bears yellow daisylike flowers. Native to cooler regions of the northern hemisphere, it is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Arnica, family Compositae: many species, especially mountain tobacco (A. montana) of central Europe
- Brown-faced golden daisies bobbed in the gentle breeze; smaller arnicas vied with the fledgling's feathers for sunny brilliance.
- Among the wildflowers are a wild geranium, an aster with smooth stems and leaves, leafy arnica, yellow monkey flower, meadow rue, and bluebells.
- As we climb, the maze of trees, ferns, and blueberry bushes gives way to subalpine meadows painted with purple lupine, pale blue gentians, crimson columbine, and yellow arnica.
- 1.1A preparation of arnica used medicinally, especially for the treatment of bruises.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Skin creams containing vitamin C or arnica can also help bruises heal.
- Use of 26 types of homeopathic medicines was reported, with the most frequently used being arnica.
- In between treatments, apply arnica gel to the injury site.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de arnicaDefinición de arnica en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional