(also arolla pine)
Definición de arolla en inglés:
A tall pine tree native to the Alps and Carpathian mountains, often planted in dense clumps as an avalanche break.
- Pinus cembra, family Pinaceae
- P. cembra, the Swiss stone pine, has a range which extends eastwards from the Alps; and P. gerardiana is a native of the Himalayas.
- Arc 2000 takes you from the imposing kingdom of arolla pines to the ‘roof of the world’.
- The Aletsch forest with its very old Swiss stone pines is an experience well worth making.
late 19th century: from Swiss French arol(l)e.
Definición de arolla en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia