The thickening and hardening of the walls of the arteries, occurring typically in old age.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We also excluded patients with diabetes mellitus, arteriosclerosis, and those receiving anticoagulant medication.
- The feel of the artery itself may suggest whether its wall has normal resilience, or is hardened and thickened by arteriosclerosis.
- Most genetically predisposed diseases are not rare conditions limited to small numbers of families; they encompass a wide spectrum of common diseases like diabetes, arteriosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and many cancers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Gross and microscopic examination revealed bronchopneumonia and arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- In peacetime, however, by far the commonest indication is gangrene due to severe arterial disease, usually arteriosclerotic or diabetic in origin, and not infrequently from a combination of these two conditions.
- Drop attacks where the elderly fall and can't get up without help are associated with arteriosclerotic blood vessel disease at the back of the brain.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: ar·te·ri·o·scle·ro·sis
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda