- The thickening and hardening of the walls of the arteries, occurring typically in old age.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We also excluded patients with diabetes mellitus, arteriosclerosis, and those receiving anticoagulant medication.
- The feel of the artery itself may suggest whether its wall has normal resilience, or is hardened and thickened by arteriosclerosis.
- Most genetically predisposed diseases are not rare conditions limited to small numbers of families; they encompass a wide spectrum of common diseases like diabetes, arteriosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and many cancers.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gross and microscopic examination revealed bronchopneumonia and arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- In peacetime, however, by far the commonest indication is gangrene due to severe arterial disease, usually arteriosclerotic or diabetic in origin, and not infrequently from a combination of these two conditions.
- Drop attacks where the elderly fall and can't get up without help are associated with arteriosclerotic blood vessel disease at the back of the brain.
Más definiciones de arteriosclerosisDefinición de arteriosclerosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional