Definición de artillery en inglés:
sustantivo (plural artilleries)
1Large-caliber guns used in warfare on land: tanks and heavy artillery
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From ahead came the rumble of heavy artillery fire off to the west and the east.
- British forces took its airport and a bridge, but Iraqi forces resisted with artillery and heavy machine guns.
- Thousands were killed from heavy artillery fire and constant aerial bombardment by the Nazis.
ordnance, (big) guns, cannon(s);
1.1A military detachment or branch of the armed forces that uses large-caliber guns.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The mortar platoon is the personal artillery battery for the battalion commander.
- Together with the armour, artillery and infantry, the Royal Engineers form one of the combat elements of the army.
- Reinforced with artillery the Kwantung Army tried again on 23 July, but were again checked.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Meanwhile, although artillerists were usually civilian contractors (the art proved too complex for the dilettantes commissioned because of their nobility), that field gradually became a military function.
- Artillery units were first organized as military establishments in 1671 by Louis XIV of France, who also initiated schools of instruction for his artillerists.
- Washington wanted a military academy because he wanted engineers and artillerists to help the next commander in chief fight for this fledgling nation as he had done for eight long years.
Palabras que riman con artilleryancillary, capillary, codicillary, distillery, fibrillary, fritillary, Hilary, maxillary, pillory
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda